Re: [Help-glpk] Problems with Connecting GLPK to Excel

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Problems with Connecting GLPK to Excel
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 08:23:58 +0200

Hello Aly,

> Now, my problem is that when I return variable values to Excel, they are
> pasted as "text" in Excel, and I have to manually "convert text to numeric"
> in Excel.

This is a problem of the ODBC driver not of GLPK. The Excel ODBC
driver decides if the appended/inserted values are numeric
or not by looking at the previous line. If the table
already contains a line with a numeric values the appended values
will be numeric.

Hence, please, start with a table containing a numeric dummy
line.

Best regards

Xypron