Re: [Help-glpk] Problems with Connecting GLPK to Excel

From: aly
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Problems with Connecting GLPK to Excel
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 04:37:27 +0400

Hi Xypron and all,

Thanks for your continuous support. I sincerely appreciate that.

Now, my problem is that when I return variable values to Excel, they are pasted
as "text" in Excel, and I have to manually "convert text to numeric" in Excel.

Is there a way that we can ask GLPK to automatically return "numeric" values to
Excel?

I use MathProg 4.43 with glpsol. Here is an example of my code for output to
Excel:

  table bc_tu IN "ODBC"
    'DRIVER={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)};dbq=output.xls'
    'SELECT * FROM [Backorder_Cost$]':
   [Origin_Periods,Destination_Periods], bc ~ Costs;

Thanks a lot,

Aly

--
PhD Student
Vice President, Egyptian Student Association in North America, Georgia Tech

Rm. 407 Main Building
H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
765 Ferst Dr., NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0205, USA