RE: [help-GIFT] Using GIFT

From: Majid NAJJAR
Subject: RE: [help-GIFT] Using GIFT
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:05:54 +0200

The error is: Unrecognized character \xBF in column 29 at
./gift-add-collection.pl line 385.

$lName=~m�\.([^\.]*)$�;

That's the line 385 and the last character is (;) at column 28  so what does an
error at column 29 mean?!

The following line is:

my $lExtension=$1;

I've never written any perl  code and surely never debugged any. Which is why
i'm asking for assistance.
Thanks,

> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 08:47:50 +0200
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden; address@hidden; address@hidden
> Subject: RE: [help-GIFT] Using GIFT
>
> Find the line
>
>     if ($lExtension &&
> $lExtension=~m/^((tif)|(tiff)|(ppm)|(gif)|(jpg)|(jpeg)|(eps)|(png)|(ras))$
> /xi)
>
> in the installation point of gift-add-collection.pl
>
> and add somewhere before ")$" the string (not including the quotation marks)
>
> "|(bmp)"
>

> This should solve your problem. Ah, and before I forget: This line occurs
> twice, you have to add the both times.
>
> If you have the source package and you are compiling and installing from
> source you have to perform the corresponding changes in the file
>
> gift-add-collection.pre-pl
>
> instead (and then do again make install).
>
> Best,
> Wolfgang

> From: Majid NAJJAR
> Date:  Thu, 14 Aug 2008 19:15:55 +0200
>
>>HI,
>>Well i didn't quite understand what to do. I'm sure about the path, and the
>>extension is bmp.
>>And unfortunately i can not work on this issue before Monday, i'll be abroad
>>for 3 days.
>>I hope that my issue will be resolved by Monday.
>>Again sorry for bothering you
>>

>>> Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:57:29 +0200
>>> From: address@hidden
>>> To: address@hidden; address@hidden
>>> CC: address@hidden; address@hidden
>>> Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Using GIFT
>>>
>>> Hi Henning,

>>> Thanks for pointing this out more clearly. Majid: The above text explains
>>> the questions I ask in the mails I wrote some minutes before I received
>>> Henning's post.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Wolfgang

>>Explore the seven wonders of the world
>>http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE

Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces.
It's easy!