Re: [help-GIFT] Dutch for beginners [ot]

From: Tuurlijk!
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Dutch for beginners [ot]
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:46:03 +0200

Op 7-jul-04 om 9:38 heeft Wolfgang Müller het volgende geschreven:

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 07:29, Tuurlijk! wrote:
Tuurlijk!

Is the translation of this "'tüllich" in German?

The translation to english is 'of course!'.

Sure. "tüllich" is the short form of "natürlich" which means "naturally". I would expect "turrlijk" to be a short form of "natuurlijk"?? Or do I just
have to much fantasy?

Right, the strict translation would be 'course!', although I doubt that this is used in english at all. Tuurlijk! is the short form of Natuurlijk!. Actually the corrct translation to english would be 'Naturally!', but then the short version, which I don't think exists.

*sigh*

:-]