Re: [help-GIFT] Error in indexing: Attributes[1] too long

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Error in indexing: Attributes[1] too long
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 19:57:33 +0200

> CAttributeList.cc:45:lAttributes[1] too long:[
> http://baxter.vaengr.com/gift/thumbnails/marketing/Proposals/2003/P03-12
> 1%20Carollo%20City%20of%20Modesto%20Masterplan%20Flow%20Monitoring/V&A's
> %20Modesto%20Proposal%20Page%202%20of%202_thumbnail_jpg.jpg]ENDOF STRING

Well, as far as I can remember, I put that one in, when I had strange
multithreading problems back in 2001. These multithreading problems clobbered
strings in a weird fashion. You noticed that, when strings became all of a
sudden VERY big. So I wanted to have the assertion that things barf when a
BIG string really comes from my side and not from a programming error.

It looks to me that these errors were due to some misunderstanding between
previous versions of GCC and myself ;-) . I guess that has been fixed in the
meantime (GCC and its c++ standard library behaves now as I hoped it to
behave back then).

If I do not remember things wrongly, you should be safe either removing the
>200 comparisons in CAttributeList or setting the value up to regions that
don't hurt at all.