help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] options with values and enum type

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: [help-gengetopt] options with values and enum type
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 18:51:44 +0200

Hi

Gyozo, you'll be happy to hear that options with values can now be given enum type :-)

here's an initial release

http://rap.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini/gengetopt-2.22b.tar.gz

and, of course, it's also in the CVS

see the documentation for details

actually, the implementation was quite easy, but it relies on enums being treated as int; does any of you know whether this is safe? I don't get warnings in compilation, thus I assumed it is safe to do so.

Notice that the option field has an enum type

Basically, when assigning the argument to such an option, I actually assign it the index of the value found in the array of strings containing the accepted values; this relies on the fact that the first enum value is always 0.

I hope to get some feedback soon
cheers
        Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)