help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] new updates on the CVS

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: [help-gengetopt] new updates on the CVS
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:10:50 +0200

Hi there

I've updated the CVS version with further enhancements:

   * initializing of the structure for parser function parameters
     was changed in order to initialize the fields to their default values
     (instead of 0)
* list of acceptable values for options can be have a type different from
     string
   * usage string is printed only if not empty (as suggested by Gyozo Papp)
   * in case of hidden options, the generated help string array reuses the
     strings of the full help array (as suggested by Gyozo Papp)
* the _help field for options is correctly generated even in the presence
     of additional text before and after an option and also groups

in particular, I discovered the last bug when optimizing the help array option generation :-)

as you can see, a type can be specified for values; fortunately, the code generation refactoring made pretty easy to add types to values... I'm afraid, Gyozo, that the same does not hold for enum values, which require some more work (which I'll take care of as a next step :-)

feedback will always be very welcome :-)

cheers
        Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)