help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] options with values and enum type

From: Gyozo Papp
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] options with values and enum type
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 20:03:59 +0200

Hi there,

On 26/10/2007, Lorenzo Bettini <address@hidden> wrote:
> Gyozo, you'll be happy to hear that options with values can now be given
> enum type :-)

Yes, it is awesome, I'll give it a try next week (now I'm at home on
holiday btw) Thanks  a lot.

> actually, the implementation was quite easy, but it relies on enums
> being treated as int; does any of you know whether this is safe?  I
> don't get warnings in compilation, thus I assumed it is safe to do so.

Yes, GCC usually does great job in this field (especially with some
advanced C dialect options.) AFAIK, C specs says that enum is int
internally or whatsoever. Please let me dispend with the exact phrases
from the specs ;)

> I hope to get some feedback soon
You got it. Please let me know if I can help you in mutually exclusive
groups (sets). Btw, how to call it since we have had "groupoption" for
a while with totally different semantics?
--
Papp, Gyozo