help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Hidden command line switches

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Hidden command line switches
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:04:14 +0200

Thomas Boehne wrote:
On Tuesday 23 August 2005 09:45, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:

Thomas Boehne wrote:

[...] It would be nice to have a flag for
each option that specifies that the option should not show up on
--help.

yes, that's a good idea, I'll work on that!

Thanks for implementing, I hope it helps others as well.

However, first, I'd like to change the syntax of the .ggo file so that one can specify the parts of an option in a order that's not fixed (i.e., specify default, after type or the other way round) otherwise it's getting too complex to remember the right order :-)

yes, in the meantime I'll modify this behavior; indeed, since all
the functions are prefixed with func-name, it must be so also for
the preocessor_values.

Could you post to the list when you got something working (either in
CVS or a new release)?

of course! :-)

cheers
        Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)  |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple    Cover Band  |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |