help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] Hidden command line switches

From: Thomas Boehne
Subject: [help-gengetopt] Hidden command line switches
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:19:02 +0200

Hello list,

I am currently writing an application that has to support some options
which must not show up on --help. It would be nice to have a flag for
each option that specifies that the option should not show up on
--help.

My current workaround is to write two ggo files, one with the hidden
options and one without them, and run gengetopt with --no-handle-help.
I parse the options with the complete parser, and on --help I call
print_help() of the restricted parser.

The problem with that workaround is that I cannot use the values=
option, because it puts char arrays with the same name in both .c and
.h files, i.e.:

extern char *processor_values[] ; /* Possible values for processor. */

So if you do not plan to support hidden options, could you make those
value names unique (just prepending something like --func-name would
do the job for me). Not making those variables extern would also work
for me, but others might depend on that feature.

Thanks for your help,
Thomas

--
Jäger Computergesteuerte Messtechnik GmbH
Thomas Böhne