Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:25:33 +0100

"Lennart Borgman" <address@hidden> writes:

> And yes I did have spec for emacsclient in my head. It looks like there are
> the same difficulties there since emacsclient has a switch --no-wait (-n).
> Maybe just adding -w would be the best there too. The differences between
> emacsclient and emacsclientw with regard to default behaviour must then be
> the same to get things working on ms windows.

What exactly doesn't work when the default behaviour is to not wait?

Previously David was confused and thought that DOS boxes would stay
around for Explorer users, but with gnuclientw they don't. I have yet
to see anyone put forward any other reason why gnuclientw needs to
exit immediately.

Who knows what programs someone might want to use gnuclientw
from. Some of them might have the same bug as Explorer Shortcuts on
Windows 9x and NT where they cannot specify any arguments. I think it is
more important that gnuclientw and emacsclient works for them than for
it to exit immediately just because some people happen to like it as
the default behaviour with no justification.