Re: [h-e-w] How to insert text at point?

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] How to insert text at point?
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 15:43:28 +0200

DL> I want to defun() some functions of my own that prints out a text when run.
DL> Whole sentences; to be used like:

DL> "M-x my-own-javadoc"

DL> should print out at point:

DL> "This method was implemented by ?, in the scope of project ? and will be
DL> used as..."

(defun my-own-javadoc (implementor  project)
"Insert a standard javadoc comment using a skeleton"
 (interactive "sImplementor:
sProject: ")
 (insert-string (concat "This method was implemented by " implementor
                 "in the scope of project " project
                 " and will be used as...")))

Please note: implementor's name and e-mail address are already stored in
these two variables:

user-full-name
user-mail-address

  //--\ | | \|  |   Integralista GNUslamico e fancazzista
\/