[h-e-w] How to insert text at point?

From: Wojciech Komornicki
Subject: [h-e-w] How to insert text at point?
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:51:45 -0500

I am not sure what you have against just typing in the text but take a
look at
     insert
      insert is a built-in function.
      (insert &rest ARGS)

      Insert the arguments, either strings or characters, at point.
      Point and before-insertion markers move forward to end up
       after the inserted text.
      Any other markers at the point of insertion remain before the text.

      If the current buffer is multibyte, unibyte strings are converted
      to multibyte for insertion (see `unibyte-char-to-multibyte').
      If the current buffer is unibyte, multibyte strings are converted
      to unibyte for insertion.
--
Wojciech Komornicki

  Denny:> Greetings all,

  Denny:> Is there a function that let´s me insert some text at point? I want
to be
  Denny:> able to do: "M-x insert-text-at-point TEXT".

  Denny:> BR,

  Denny:> Denny