[h-e-w] How to insert text at point?

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: [h-e-w] How to insert text at point?
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 15:31:32 +0200

DL> Greetings all,

DL> Is there a function that let´s me insert some text at point? I want to be
DL> able to do: "M-x insert-text-at-point TEXT".

(defun insert-text-at-point (text)
"Lets the user insert some text at point. I guess what's this code is good
 for"
 (interactive "sText to insert: ")
 (insert-string text))

I think there's  no interactive function to do this,  so that you have
to wrap the  call to insert-string into an  interactive function as in
the example above (that I'm using to insert this text)

  //--\ | | \|  |   Integralista GNUslamico e fancazzista
\/