[h-e-w] very slow kbd-macro

From: Erwin Achermann
Subject: [h-e-w] very slow kbd-macro
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 10:51:00 +0100

Hi all,

I installed emacs 21.1.1 (the binary that Theodore Jump kindly offered
at

http://www.tertius.com/projects/library/emacs/emacs-21.1-w32.zip)

I found that the execution of kbd-macros is deadly slow. I bet i am
faster repeating the keystrokes by hand... As far as i can tell the
speed is otherwise about the same as I'm used to by 20.7.

Is this a known problem of emacs 21.1.1 or is just a peculiarity of this
particular binary? Which is the official place where to get x86-binaries
from?

Thanks and Cheers
Erwin