Re: [h-e-w] Problem building 21.1 under Cygwin on W98

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Problem building 21.1 under Cygwin on W98
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 22:43:55 +1200

>I'm seeing this as well. My impression is that it seems to occur when
>you have emacs and other programs uniconized and both are updating the
>screen.

This sounds more like a bug in your display driver, or in the Windows ME kernel
itself. Other apps should not affect Emacs and vice versa.

> I didn't see this with any of the pretests and my hunch is
>that it has something to do with the display optimisations Andrew put
>in shortly before the release

I doubt it. Those optimisations amount to calling a Lisp function
less often. Perhaps there is a problem with the Cygwin libraries
you have.

>I'm still getting a replicable crash involving fonts, vm and popup
>menus that I had with the pretests

I don't use vm. Has it been updated for Emacs 21?

Can you narrow this down further, to determine which of the above
is causing the crash?