help-debbugs

Re: Some issues with debbugs.gnu.org mail lists and archives

From: Ignacio Casso
Subject: Re: Some issues with debbugs.gnu.org mail lists and archives
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 08:54:48 +0200

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> Ignacio Casso wrote:
>
>> However, now that I try to browse the debbugs archive for that thread at
>> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54399, I see that only the
>> original first branch of that thread appears. The new one originated by
>> the new email I've talked about is not there, although it appears in the
>> mbox file that can be downloaded from that page, and also if you search
>> for the thread in Emacs with M-x gnus-read-ephemeral-emacs-bug-group. Is
>> this normal? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?
>
> I'm not sure what you are saying.
>
> Are you saying that messages are missing from
>
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54399
>
> ?

That is what I was saying, yesterday. But today they seem to be
there. Strange.

> If so, precisely which messages (give message ids if possible)?

The most recent ones, that were replies to the new mail I sent to
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54399, and not to the
original email in the thread. So the emails written before 18/03/2022
were there, but the emails written after 12/04/2022 were not.

However, now I realize that some of the new emails were actually replies
to the original thread, and didn't appear either, so I guess the problem
was not about threads at all.

> Or perhaps "the debbugs archive" means
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs ?

No, but thanks to bringing them to my notice. In those archives there is
the reply link I was looking for.