help-debbugs

Re: Some issues with debbugs.gnu.org mail lists and archives

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Some issues with debbugs.gnu.org mail lists and archives
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 17:35:15 -0400

Ignacio Casso wrote:

> However, now that I try to browse the debbugs archive for that thread at
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54399, I see that only the
> original first branch of that thread appears. The new one originated by
> the new email I've talked about is not there, although it appears in the
> mbox file that can be downloaded from that page, and also if you search
> for the thread in Emacs with M-x gnus-read-ephemeral-emacs-bug-group. Is
> this normal? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I'm not sure what you are saying.

Are you saying that messages are missing from

?

If so, precisely which messages (give message ids if possible)?

It seems unlikely that messages are present in the mbox but not rendered
in the cgi page, since both are made from the same source.

Note that the cgi pages are linear, not "threaded" in any way.

Or perhaps "the debbugs archive" means
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs ?

If so, Mailman threading has always broken across months.

So indeed
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2022-03/msg00553.html
and eg
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2022-04/msg00638.html