help-cgicc

Re: [help-cgicc] Limits in getDoubleValue and getIntegerValue

From: Quintin Connell
Subject: Re: [help-cgicc] Limits in getDoubleValue and getIntegerValue
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 17:59:04 +0200 (SAST)

Something like this may work

long value1 = atol(element->getValue.c_str());
long value2 = element->getIntegerValue(min, max);

if (value1 == value2) {
   // no difference
}
else {
   // value2 clamped hence originally exceeded limit
}

Alternatively you maybe could look at JavaScript to validate the
user input before it gets to the cgi script.

Quintin