guix-devel

Re: guix lint should support overrides

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: guix lint should support overrides
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 15:40:10 +0200

Hi,

Maxime Devos <maximedevos@telenet.be> skribis:

> IIRC, there was some package where I proposed to modify the
> description a little to be more informative and fit better in Guix,
> but then the gnu-description proposed to use the upstream
> description. Consequently, it was decided to use the original, IMO
> worse, description.
>
> Unfortunately I cannot find the relevant e-mails anymore.
>
> This was a true positive, not a false positive, but I think it would
> have been useful to silence the linter there anyway.
>
> At least for these kind of cases, I would go for a package property
> (properties '((silence-linters gnu-description))).

Yes, properties are the way to go IMO.

Note that there’s already one or two checker-specific properties, such
as ‘lint-hidden-cve’.  We could add more of that if needed.

A higher-level ‘lint-silenced-checkers’ property like you propose (I
think that’s a better name) would also be welcome.

It’s incidentally a good programming task to get started; who’s in?  :-)

Ludo’.