guix-devel

Status of KDE Plasma

From: Anthony Wang
Subject: Status of KDE Plasma
Date: Sun, 01 May 2022 00:35:35 +0000

Hello!

I'm a KDE contributor and free software enthusiast, and I recently started
switching over some of my systems to GNU Guix. However, as an avid KDE Plasma
user, I'm a bit disappointed that Plasma doesn't seem to be packaged for Guix.
I did a bit of searching and found that there has been some progress towards
packaging Plasma:
- https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/kde-plasma.scm
- https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2021-01/msg00426.html

I have a few questions: What is the current status of KDE Plasma on Guix? And
also, how can I help or contribute?

-Anthony Wang