guix-devel

Re: Status of KDE Plasma

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Status of KDE Plasma
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 20:13:10 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, 01 May 2022 at 00:35, Anthony Wang <ta180m@protonmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a KDE contributor and free software enthusiast, and I recently
> started switching over some of my systems to GNU Guix. However, as an
> avid KDE Plasma user, I'm a bit disappointed that Plasma doesn't seem
> to be packaged for Guix. I did a bit of searching and found that there
> has been some progress towards packaging Plasma:

> - https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/kde-plasma.scm
> - https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2021-01/msg00426.html
>
> I have a few questions: What is the current status of KDE Plasma on
> Guix? And also, how can I help or contribute?

Thanks for your interest.  From my point of view, maybe you can resume
the work you mention, try to compile, try to fix and report the
blockers.

You might be interested by

    <https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Contributing>
    <https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Building-from-Git>
    <https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Submitting-Patches>

Please do not hesitate to ask here or on the IRC channel #guix if you
feel blocked.

Cheers,
simon