guix-devel

Re: emacs-guix (upstream) needs more love: a survey of repositories, hom

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: emacs-guix (upstream) needs more love: a survey of repositories, homepage and issues
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 10:08:49 +0200

Hi Giovanni,

Giovanni Biscuolo <g@xelera.eu> skribis:

> AFAIU since 2021-01-11 [1] the new official home of emacs-guix is on
> Savannah as a Guix sub-project [2]; Alex Kost agreed [3] and told us
> that:
>

>  As for me, I will continue to use my version of Emacs-Guix and to adjust
>  it for my needs.
>

> and that's what he is doing (see below), so now "officially" we have
> /two/ packages named emacs-guix: the official one at Savannah and the
> "personal" one maintained by Alex.

I’m not sure what “personal” means in this case.

Anyway, the situation is confusing; there’s no point in having two
slightly different variants.  I suggest we check with Alex off-list to
get a better understanding of what they want.  Worst case, we can
cherry-pick commits from Alex’s copy if Alex doesn’t want to be involved
in discussions around Emacs-Guix or Guix development.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Ludo’.