guix-devel

Re: Planet of Guix-related posts?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Planet of Guix-related posts?
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 09:30:09 +0100

Matt <matt@excalamus.com> writes:

> What problem is the cookbook trying to
> solve? Once that's clear, we can make judgements about whether it
> accomplishes that goal.

The idea of a cookbook arose from dissatisfaction with the manual.  The
manual had few examples, and as a reference style document it was
considered to be the wrong place for long excursions, tutorials, and
detailed examples.

I started the cookbook by adapting some popular blog posts.  The idea
was that it could be home to hands-on tutorials, motivated examples,
hints and tricks, etc that would be out of place in the manual.

This is not set in stone, and it was always the intention to let the
cookbook become whatever contributors made of it.  It was only always
meant to enhance and supplement the manual.

--
Ricardo