guix-devel

Re: Guix Documentation Meetup

From: Matt
Subject: Re: Guix Documentation Meetup
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 08:40:16 -0500

 > Please don't misinterpret the following comments.  But I don't see how the
 > 1st one
 > could land in a cookbook.

You're fine, I more or less agree with you. I think something like it with a
different package would be helpful.  What I wrote probably isn't it.

 > Yes, I'm not a fan of wiki.  Regardless, the
 > efforts of such a wiki should perhaps land outside the scope of Guix
 > (i.e. it should be non-"official").

I started a thread to talk about a Guix wiki. I'd like to hear  more of your
thoughts about it.

 > I'm not connected with Guix with any way - a mere enthusiast and
 > observer.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Being excited about something and taking the time
to observe it, like listening to music, is a connection, right?

This conversation is a great example of how documentation affects community and
engagement.  Your perspective is valuable!

I'm curious, what makes you feel not connected with Guix?

 > I hope you continue to write great articles like these!

I appreciate the encouragement.  Thank you.