guix-devel

guix show --bibtex (was: How to compute SWHID? (with Guix/Disarchive))

From: Liliana Marie Prikler
Subject: guix show --bibtex (was: How to compute SWHID? (with Guix/Disarchive))
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 18:07:37 +0100

Am Mittwoch, den 01.12.2021, 11:12 +0100 schrieb zimoun:
> Moreover, I would like to add* a new export format to "guix show"
> using BibTeX format proposed by SWH.  It would help when writing
> paper. ;-)
>
> *add: discussed long time ago but because I was not writing a paper
> using tools deployed by Guix, I was not bitten enough to complete.
> ;-)
Given that `guix show' output is well-structured (it uses the Recutils
format), couldn't you post-process to form a bibtex file?  In
particular, you could use recfmt IIUC.

That said, there would be stuff like author etc. missing from Guix'
metadata.  What kind of output were you hoping to produce?

Cheers