guix-devel

Re: linux-libre source tarballs

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: linux-libre source tarballs
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 18:26:15 -0400

On Sun, May 02, 2021 at 11:08:49PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> For packages we can add a ‘max-silent-time’ property, but there’s
> nothing like this for origins.

Oh, right.

> I wonder if there’s a way we could address it in (gnu ci).
>
> Thoughts?

In the meantime, can we make a 'kernel-updates' Cuirass job again, that
would build a kernel-updates branch on Savannah?

We had one recently for a brief period but I stopped using it, because I
could work more quickly building the tarballs "by hand" (although I've
only been doing it for x86_64).

However, it would be helpful to let Cuirass at least try to build these
derivations, with me checking the results and retrying failures before
pushing kernel-updates to master.