guix-devel

Re: A "cosmetic changes" commit that removes security fixes

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: A "cosmetic changes" commit that removes security fixes
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 16:14:23 +0200

Peeps,

I am not a core maintainer, but it should be obvious that core
maintainers would not take a decision to revoke commit rights lightly.
Since it hardly happens is it now a loss of face on both sides which
it should not be.

Marius representing the core maintainers clearly wrote: This is the
communication. Please read carefully. This was not an ad hoc decision.

I think *everyone* will be happy to give Léo his rights back provided
he plays by the rules of the Guix project.

I think it is a good policy to revoke rights on any serious complaint
about quality of work.

Also, no one really needs commit rights to contribute. That is what core
maintainers are for.

Pj.