guix-devel

Re: 1.2.1 pre-release testing

From: Guu, Jin-Cheng
Subject: Re: 1.2.1 pre-release testing
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 07:58:30 -0500

> Does the ethernet cable work on the installed system?  Or on other
> free distros?

It has never failed on me before, even when I was installing arch
linux. So I was a bit surprise yesterday. It had also worked before in
the Guix System I got from the official - so I suppose that's a
completely free distro. Maybe it was just a tiny hiccup..

> If Ethernet is only broken in the installer though, then the installer
> is at fault.

Urgh.. I should have tested it more extensively before installing
using cli. At that point that wasn't a huge problem for me, since my
wifi happened to work..

Jin