guix-devel

Re: imagemagick@6.9.11-48 to graft or not to graft with 6.9.12-2

From: Léo Le Bouter
Subject: Re: imagemagick@6.9.11-48 to graft or not to graft with 6.9.12-2
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 14:34:52 +0100

In general my opinion is that backporting fixes is time-consuming and
that if we have to do it each time I wont be able to keep up with the
load. I'd rather update things to a version that already includes fixes
and is supported by upstream even at the cost of world rebuilds. I
can't deal with upstreams who either do not backport fixes, or don't
integrate fixes at all.

That's how I feel I can keep up with fixing security issues in GNU Guix
considering how overworked we are in general.