guix-devel

Re: Release 1.2.1: python2-pylibmc and libmemcached

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Release 1.2.1: python2-pylibmc and libmemcached
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 09:52:50 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 at 20:58, Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> writes:

>> takes ages.  Does it make sense to add something like:
>>
>>       (properties
>>        `((max-silent-time . 14400))) ; 4 hours, expected even on x86_64

> libmemcached still seems like a fine package to have in Guix.  I say, if
> the above change is enough to have it built by the CI, I think it's what
> we should do :-).

On my machine, the build of libmemcached takes ~5min without the tests.
And with the test suite, it takes ~570min.  Well, I have been too lazy
to remove the offending test which takes ages, and compare.  I do not
know if Cuirass fails to build (time-out?) because an incorrect
’max-silent-time’ by default or because another parameter specific to
Cuirass.

Cheers,
simon