guix-devel

Re: Release on April 18th?

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Release on April 18th?
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 15:03:50 -0500

On Tue, Mar 02, 2021 at 03:51:33PM +0100, zimoun wrote:
> I would like to propose to release on April 18th (anniversary of the
> "Initial commit.").  It could be 1.2.1 or 1.3.  Well, from my
> understanding, if core-updates is merged it makes sense to have 1.3
> otherwise 1.2.1 seems reasonable.  WDYT?
>
> I have kept an eye on the Bug Tracker and I am not seeing any blocker
> but I could have missed something, especially on the core-updates
> side.
>
> Is it doable to have core-updates merged in the next weeks?  Or not at all.

I think that timeline is too short for core-updates, although it depends
on how many people choose to monitor the building and fix problems.

Regarding the bug tracker, I don't think we've begun identifying
core-updates bugs yet.

Besides the "nuts and bolts" of building packages, we also need to make
some decisions about architectural support before releasing. Do we
suspend the armhf port?

I do think it's possible to release on April 18th, but not with
core-updates. We could do "ungrafting" and a handful of staging-esque
updates, like tzdata.