guix-devel

Re: PowerShell core?

From: Nicolò Balzarotti
Subject: Re: PowerShell core?
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 18:35:14 +0100

Bengt Richter <bokr@bokr.com> writes:

> Hi Yasu,
>
> "Just curious", what do you hope will be the effect of your post?

Hi Bengt Richter, thanks for asking the same things I had in mind.  This
post seems just M$ propaganda, more than a "Is anybody working on the
inclusion of Powershell?"

>From Yasu's mail, when I read:
> I say Powershell is almost synonymous with IT worker rights

I was really wondering what was happening here.  I mean, we are talking
about a M$ product, right?  I really can't see how this statement can
hold true.  If it means "when I'm _forced_ to work on windows,
powershell is the lest worse thing", then fine.  But I don't get how
having it available in guix would help then.

Howerver, I think that if it's free software (the main page says it's
expat, but I don't know if any nonfree dependency is required), it
qualifies for guix inclusion.  However, on the github page they say
there are analytics enabled by default, so this is not find and the
package should be patched.

My 2¢.

Nicolò