guix-devel

Re: PowerShell core?

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: PowerShell core?
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 09:58:03 -0500

Yasuaki Kudo <yasu@yasuaki.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Just curious, is there any interest in making PowerShell core available for
> Guix?

I don't know of any talented developers currently pushing to include it
in guix.  :(  (I'm not one of those developers).

> I have become quite fond of Powershell over the years (I say Powershell is
> almost synonymous with IT worker rights - gives poor workers in sorry corners
> of
> corporate world [those who are abandoned without adequate tools to get the
> job done - because Windows is always there and Powershell comes with it!] a
> huge productivity lift 😄)

I will that say since PowerShell is based on .Net, it may be possible to
bring it to guix.  I believe that the mono project for may be a good
start for this, and it is packaged in guix!

https://www.mono-project.com/

--
Joshua Branson (joshuaBPMan in #guix)
Sent from Emacs and Gnus