guix-devel

Re: [address@hidden: [GANDI] guixsd.org expires in 60 days]

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: [address@hidden: [GANDI] guixsd.org expires in 60 days]
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2020 22:41:50 +0100

zimoun 写道:
Hi Tobias,

Hi!

Guix uses ci.guix.gnu.org by default since May 2019. No one should be running a daemon older than that.

I think you misunderstood my (and Ludo's) point, which was to prevent possible abuse of a name still in common use. For whatever reason, outside of our little echo chamber people say GuixSD, not Guix System. Squatting guixsd.org will attract plenty of traffic to whatever message the squatter wishes to spread. I don't have a strong opinion either but don't think the cost savings cover that risk.

If Andreas is tired of dealing with renewals (which I'd understand) I'm sure we can find a solution.

Note that www.guixsd.org does not redirect.

You're right :-(

guixsd.org isn't managed by GNU, and I don't have access to the Gandi hosted DNS interface.

Kind regards,

T G-R