guix-devel

Re: [address@hidden: [GANDI] guixsd.org expires in 60 days]

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: [address@hidden: [GANDI] guixsd.org expires in 60 days]
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2020 21:12:42 +0100

Hi Tobias,

On Sat, 05 Dec 2020 at 17:25, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> wrote:

> I believe that consistently redirecting[0] these old names to
> guix.gnu.org makes them much less harmful to keep around, and
> better than giving up control completely.

Which versions of Guix uses only the old URLs?  Are they reachable with
inferiors?  Are the substitutes still available on Berlin and friends
for these old Guix versions?

Otherwise, I do not see the rationale.  If the Guix code current and
reachable by “guix time-machine” provides the right URL (say ci.guix.gnu.org
instead of berlin.guixsd.org), then I do not see why it matters to keep
the control of berlin.guixsd.org; because nothing will break if the old
URLs are removed.  Do I miss an obvious point?

Note that www.guixsd.org does not redirect.

All the best,
simon