guix-devel

Re: [address@hidden: [GANDI] guixsd.org expires in 60 days]

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: [address@hidden: [GANDI] guixsd.org expires in 60 days]
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 19:13:11 +0100

Hello,

On Sat, Dec 05, 2020 at 05:25:58PM +0100, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote:
> If cost is a pain point, note that Gandi's current annual renewal price of
> €19 isn't the lowest around.

cost is not the problem; but I like tidying up and getting rid of cruft,
and I feel that this old domain is some hassle for not much gain: I need to
- pay by credit card;
- make a wire transfer from the Guix Europe account to my own account;
- add an entry to the Guix Europe ledger and check everything is okay.

I was against renewing it already two years ago, but the Solidary
Administrative Council of Guix Europe decided by consensus last year
to keep it for one more year, and to let it run out later.

If you prefer to keep the domain, you should bring it for a discussion
and a new vote of the SAC. I am still against renewing it, but if people
think we should do it, I can live with a renewal as well.

Andreas