guix-devel

Re: Make guix-publish's URL identical to cache file name

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Make guix-publish's URL identical to cache file name
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 13:53:25 +0100

Dear,

Thank you.

In case you need arguments to convince academics, this satellite Guix
project could help:

    https://hpc.guix.info/about/

On Thu, 05 Nov 2020 at 09:55, Peng Mei Yu <pengmeiyu@riseup.net> wrote:
> Jonathan Brielmaier writes:
>>
>> I think we should discuss if Guix can support your effort money wise.
>> AFAIK we have decent fundings available.
>
> That would be great.  Although I still think letting academic mirror
> sites do the job and saving the money would be better.  As I said, the
> ISP cost in China is expensive and academic mirror sites have plenty of
> bandwidth and storage resources available.

As Jonathan said, and in the meantime, maybe Guix could support your
effort money wise.  Well, I speak for myself here.

Maybe, you could send an email to guix-europe@gnu.org (association –
non-profit organization) and discuss what it is doable.

All the best,
simon