guix-devel

Re: A public Lisp programming interface provide feature like `guix envir

From: Zhu Zihao
Subject: Re: A public Lisp programming interface provide feature like `guix environment --container`
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 18:05:26 +0800

Leo Prikler writes:

> launch-environment/container still assumes the command to be a shell
> script, which I think is not quite what you want.  You probably want to
> take a look at call-with-container from (guix build linux-container) or
> child-hurds.

I just read the source code of call-with-container. IMO, it just run
code in container, without any settings. It's quite inconvenient for my
usage. For example: I have to setup mount binding of my package closure
manually.

> I currently don't know of any procedure, that "directly" invokes Scheme
> code through Guix environments, so you'd have to build that on your
> own.  However, given that your stated goal is to port container entry
> scripts [I read this as "the script called by the container at entry"]
> to Guile, would it not make sense to have
>
>   (guix-environment [ENVIRONMENT OPTIONS] "--" "guile" "entry.scm")
>
> WDYT?
>
> Regards, Leo

Hmmm, maybe this is the solution, tho it's not very very elegant.

--
Retrieve my PGP public key: https://meta.sr.ht/~citreu.pgp

Zihao