guix-devel

Re: Using --manfistest with <profile>/manifest files

From: elaexuotee
Subject: Re: Using --manfistest with <profile>/manifest files
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 19:19:14 +0900

zimoun,

discussion. However, I just want to note that the personal issue I am
encountering isn't with user profiles; instead it is with those generated by
`guix environment'.

In particular, I was trying to use `guix pack' to share the *development*
environment of a package with a non-guix user. As I shared in my original
email, the (imperfect) solution I used was by wrapping `<profile>/manifest'
with `read-manifest' and feeding that to `guix pack --manifest':

    (call-with-input-file "<profile>/manifest"
      (@@ (guix packages) read-manifest)