guix-devel

Re: “guix --help” should point to https://guix.gnu.org/help/

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: “guix --help” should point to https://guix.gnu.org/help/
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 11:17:55 +0200

Hi Ludo,

On Sun, 24 May 2020 at 23:10, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is harsh, maybe unnecessarily so, but still a very valid criticism
> of that page.  I guess that page was created with good intentions, but
> it’s pretty much useless indeed.  :-/

I am sorry if I have been harsh and if I have hurt someone.  I was
*not* my intention.  Otherwise, I would not spend 5 minutes to follow
all the links and check how to reach help for the GNU Guix project
from this webpage. :-)

> Probably we should work on the GNU side to make that page more useful,
> but we should also definitely print the relevant Guix URL.

Yes, we should.  However, to be honest, reading GNU related mailing
lists over the last past months and especially the recent emacs-devel
threads, I do not personally have enough energy to potentially argue
the obvious on bikeshed.

Cheers,
simon