guix-devel

Re: Syntax errors in latest guix-manual ru.po

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Syntax errors in latest guix-manual ru.po
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 08:34:48 -0400

Le 7 avril 2020 06:03:18 GMT-04:00, Pavlo Marianov <address@hidden> a écrit :
>Looks like errors like 'reference to nonexistent node' will remain
>until all text will be translated.
>
>Other errors I could not find in the source PO-file. Maybe coordinates
>are
>wrong. For example reference 'guix.texi:946' is missing in the
>https://translationproject.org/PO-files/ru/guix-manual-1.1.0-pre1.ru.po
>
>вт, 7 квіт. 2020 о 12:44 Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> пише:
>
>> Hi Pavlo,
>>
>> Pavlo Marianov <address@hidden> skribis:
>>
>> > I uploaded a new PO-file.
>> > Hope it fixes that error.
>>
>> Thanks for the quick reply!  There’s a few issues left:

>> ./doc/guix.ru.texi:946: warning: accent command `@,' must not be
>followed
>> by whitespace
>> doc/contributing.ru.texi:365: @url missing closing brace
>> Wide character in warn at /home/ludo/.guix-profile/bin/makeinfo line
>632.
>> ./doc/guix.ru.texi:28262: @pxref reference to nonexistent node
>`Системы
>> сборки)'
>> Wide character in warn at /home/ludo/.guix-profile/bin/makeinfo line
>632.
>> doc/contributing.ru.texi:105: @xref reference to nonexistent node
>`Запуск
>> guix environment'
>> Wide character in warn at /home/ludo/.guix-profile/bin/makeinfo line
>632.
>> doc/contributing.ru.texi:915: @pxref reference to nonexistent node
>> `Отправка набора патчей'
>> make[2]: *** [Makefile:4236: doc/guix.ru.info] Error 1
>>
>> Does that make sense to you?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ludo’.

During my translation I also found it was difficult to keep nodes in sync.
That's why I added some code to the Makefile so that it will automatically
translate node names in the file. Translate nodes, but keep references to them
in English. The makefile will find your translation and automatically replace
@ref etc.