guix-devel

Re: qtwenengine anybody?

From: Mike Rosset
Subject: Re: qtwenengine anybody?
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 02:54:53 -0800

Pierre Neidhardt writes:

> Hooray!
>
> Thank you Marius, and thank you Mike for the tremendous effort!
>
>> Now we just need some packages using it!  :-)
>
> We can get started with Qutebrowser.

Hello Pierre and Marius,

I've have sent some patches to an open bug #38148 in regards to
qutebrowser being outdated. I'm hoping this will help test out
qtwebengine and close that bug. Two birds with one stone :)

The patch includes python-pyqtwebengine and upgrade of qutebrowser to
1.9.0 and it now uses qtwebengine.

If anyone can help review and make suggestions that would be great.

On second thought maybe I should have emailed them to
address@hidden. Let me know if that's better for reviewing.

Mike