guix-devel

Re: Document GUIX_LOAD_PATH?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Document GUIX_LOAD_PATH?
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 14:17:16 +0100

Hi Pierre,

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 at 12:28, Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Today I learned about the existence of GUIX_LOAD_PATH.  It does not seem
> to be documented in the manual.  Is it anywhere in the doc?  Shall we
> document it?

It can be documented in devel pages., maybe Contributing.

But IMHO, the normal use should be via the --load-path option and the
GUIX_LOAD_PATH should be less and less used; stay here for historical
reason and/or backward compatibility and/or some devel use-case.

Well, for discoverability, it appears to me easier to list an option
with "guix <cmd> --help" than list environment variables.

All the best,
simon