guix-devel

Re: I managed to build guix natively on Debian GNU/Hurd , what's next?

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: I managed to build guix natively on Debian GNU/Hurd , what's next?
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 11:41:25 +0200

Le 31 août 2019 11:24:18 GMT+02:00, Svante Signell <address@hidden> a écrit :

>unpack
>> > them, on the native Hurd image or the guix one?

>under
>> >
>> > Here:
>> > /gnu/store/2b48z82a5bjfkcqhr8d80zq1agiglyx8-guix-
>> > 1ec29df/gnu/packages/bootstrap
>
>I installed the tarballs here. How to make guix aware of them?

What Ricardo meant is that you should put the tarballs in
gnu/packages/bootstrap, inside your git checkout on the hurd system (the one
you built), not in the store or in a global system location. You must never
modify the content of the store or you will break the model guix uses for
package management.