guix-devel

Re: I managed to build guix natively on Debian GNU/Hurd , what's next?

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: I managed to build guix natively on Debian GNU/Hurd , what's next?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 23:56:18 +0200

Le Fri, 30 Aug 2019 20:25:24 +0200,
Svante Signell <address@hidden> a écrit :

> On Fri, 2019-08-30 at 19:14 +0200, Julien Lepiller wrote:
> > > a écrit :
> > >
> > Thanks I'll try to install them. It seems like gcc is a little old,
> > do
> > > you have
> > > notes somewhere on how these cross-built packages were created?
> >
> > > I assume they can be built them within guix e.g. on GNU/Linux
> > > amd64.
> > >
> > > Build order?:
> > > 1) binutils
> > > 2) glibc
> > > 3) gcc
> > > 4) ?
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think this is the relevant part in the manual:
> > http://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Bootstrapping.html#Building-the-Bootstrap-Binaries
> >

> Yes, but guix build bootstrap-tarballs --system=i586-gnu on GNU/Linux
> amd64 results in:
> guix build: error: could not find bootstrap binary 'tar' for system
> 'i586-gnu'

this might actually be more relevent:
http://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Porting.html#Porting
so:

guix build --target=i586-gnu bootstrap-tarballs

I think, where i586-gnu is to be replaced by the right triplet for the
Hurd. Maybe it's already the right triplet, but it doesn't look like a
triplet, so it's a bit confusing.