guix-devel

Re: We need your feedback of the documentation videos!

From: Laura Lazzati
Subject: Re: We need your feedback of the documentation videos!
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 15:03:29 -0300

Hi!

We now have https://guix.gnu.org/install.sh.  You are free to use it.
Uhm I am getting a 404 for this link :/

Can you tell me how to reproduce this?  Prehaps it’s a problem with our
scripts?
I am attaching the cliSession file (cannot copy/paste it here, it gets broken). You have to generate the cli video, inside the root video directory, with ` ./create-cli-video.sh 01-installation-from-script en_US firstCli 1`. I get  question mark symbols instead of the logo, that is why I changed it for *s. Don't pay attention to the mismatch between the audio and the video, it is something to solve later.

It is confusing, because the user is not supposed to execute the “yes”
command but just to answer “yes” to the question — on the same line.
OK, I removed the #,  the 'yes' is still in a newline, is that too bad?

I’d prefer either a simple ellipsis (“…”) or the actual console output.
OK, will change it for that :)

As regards what Tobias said:
"- 01:25 ‘The output tells us the signature is good.’
  This made me chuckle: in typical GPG fashion, everything in its
  output implies the opposite unless you're already familiar with
  it.  I realise it's far too late to touch the audio.  Could we
  highlight ‘public key … imported’ after half a second or so?
  I don't know if the scripts allow easy highlighting of output
 text like that."
Yes, unluckily we should record again the audio to change that. There is still work to do regarding colouring the output. I don't know what the others would like to do (if publishing the videos with the output as it is, or waiting until improving that)

Regards :)
Laura