guix-devel

Re: We need your feedback of the documentation videos!

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: We need your feedback of the documentation videos!
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 17:48:17 +0200

Hi Laura,

We now have https://guix.gnu.org/install.sh.  You are free to use it.

> - at 01:35 the output has been altered.  We are not using stars in the
>   logo.  What is the reason for altering the output?
> There was a kind of encoding issue, the actual logo was not being shown
> with the script so tried to fix it like that :/

Can you tell me how to reproduce this?  Prehaps it’s a problem with our
scripts?

> - at 02:15 the way “# yes” is input would not work in real life because
>   “# yes” is not “yes”.  Is this a limitation of the video generation
>   scripts?
> Don't get this very well, the # is just to show that the user is root, but
> we can remove it if it is confusing.

It is confusing, because the user is not supposed to execute the “yes”
command but just to answer “yes” to the question — on the same line.

> - at the same mark there is a series of dots, which is not produced by
>   Guix.  Why have they been added?
> This is done in most videos, they are used to kind of show that something
> goes in between but it is not relevant to show it. Do you have any other
> idea for that?

I’d prefer either a simple ellipsis (“…”) or the actual console output.

--
Ricardo