guix-devel

Re: Support rsync to help Chinese users to setup mirrors

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: Support rsync to help Chinese users to setup mirrors
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2019 02:56:32 +0800

Hi Richardo!

Ricardo Wurmus writes:

> Guix clients fetch binaries in nar and narinfo format.  Mirroring them
> might be sufficient.  To create the cache requires running “guix
> publish” with a /gnu/store, which cannot easily be mirrored as it needs
> to be in sync with its database.

What I expect is to mirror nar/narinfo conveniently and fast, that is
the purpose why I raise this topic. And I know to run "guix publish" to
create a repo for users, the problem I want to solve is to sync
/gnu/store with the upstream conveniently and fast.

There is the national firewall in China, so common users have difficult
to download Guix packages in a fair speed. This may hardly understand by
people outside China, but that is the fact.

We hope there's a way like rsync to sync /gnu/store with upstream, so
that we can provide a faster cache for Chinese users.

Best regards.

--
GNU Powered it
GPL Protected it