guix-devel

Re: Support rsync to help Chinese users to setup mirrors

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Support rsync to help Chinese users to setup mirrors
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2019 09:44:20 +0200

Hi,

> Any progress?

Not yet as I was busy with other things.  It’s on my TODO list, though,
to share the cache directory.

> Please don't hesitate to tell if there's any difficulty, or more information
> required.

Extra information would always be useful.  I’m assuming that a direct
copy of the store would not be helpful, because that’s not what clients
request.  They fetch nars and narinfos instead, which we bake on demand
and then cache.  I’m planning to expose that cache.

--
Ricardo